nadynen

I'm Reading...

How to Read Literature
Terry Eagleton
De Cock en de broeders van de zachte dood
A.C. Baantjer
Peter Pan - J.M. Barrie, Michael Hague First sentence: "All children, except one, grow up."
P. 99: "Tink darted up the nearest tree; but no one followed her, for it was at this moment that the pirates made their dreadful attack upon the redskins."
Last sentence: "When Margaret grows up, she will have a daughter, who is to be Peter's mother in turn, and thus it will go on, so long as children are gay and innocent and heartless."

Finally I read "Peter Pan", which I never read as a child. I really liked it, and I even think I wouldn't have liked it as a child, because I remember clearly I didn't like stories with too much fantasy in them, and especially not if it was about naughty children (I know, I know, I was a strange child).
But now I understand Peter Pan who didn't want to grow up. Most of us do feel a little sad sometimes realizing we did lose the naivety and innocence from our childhood.

Other thoughts/reviews:

The Project Gutenberg Project:

The Cheap Reader: http://thecheapreader.wordpress.com/2013/09/06/book-review-peter-pan/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TheCheapReader+%28The+Cheap+Reader%29