nadynen

I'm Reading...

How to Read Literature
Terry Eagleton
De Cock en de broeders van de zachte dood
A.C. Baantjer

Much Ado About Nothing

Much Ado About Nothing - William Shakespeare I found that (almost) all works of Shakespeare are published as (free) audiobooks, so I think my personal challenge here will go well. I got this recording from Librivox, a site that offers free texts and/or audiobooks of books in the public domain.

From Wikipedia: Benedick and Beatrice are engaged in a very "merry war"; they both talk a mile a minute and proclaim their scorn for love, marriage, and each other. In contrast, Claudio and Hero are sweet young people who are rendered practically speechless by their love for one another. By means of "noting" (which sounds the same as "nothing," and which is gossip, rumour, and overhearing), Benedick and Beatrice are tricked into confessing their love for each other, and Claudio is tricked into rejecting Hero at the altar. However, Dogberry, a Constable who is a master of malapropisms, discovers the evil trickery of the villain, Don John. In the end, Don John is captured and everyone else joins in a dance celebrating the marriages of the two couples.

Some other thoughts/reviews:

Hannah Ackroyd: http://hannahackroyd.wordpress.com/2012/08/21/much-ado-about-nothing-by-william-shakespeare-a-review/