nadynen

I'm Reading...

How to Read Literature
Terry Eagleton
De Cock en de broeders van de zachte dood
A.C. Baantjer
2666 - Roberto Bolaño, Natasha Wimmer First sentence:”The first time that Jean-Claude Pelletier read Benno von Archimboldi was Christmas 1980, in Paris, when he was nineteen years old and studying German literature.”

P. 99: “To his greater discredit, Alatorre didn’t speak German, which disqualified him from the outset.”

Last sentence: “Soon afterward he left the park and the next morning he was on his way to Mexico.”

I really loved this book, although it was an unusual one. The story ws so intruiging it kept me turning the pages. The book consists of five parts, that have one thing in common, Santa Teresa. This is a small town in Mexico not far from the border with the US. In this town, a lot of women are being murdered, which is described in Part 4 of the book. How this fact relates to the other parts, becomes only clear at the end of the book. I have to admit I do not see (yet) all the connections, but I intend to reread this book within a month of six in order to see more of the clues and hints.

I chose to read this book because of Judith at Leeswammes’ Blog who started a Roberto Bolaño Read-A-Long. I thought that to read a book of almost 900 pages would be easier when in the company of others.

Other thoughts/reviews:
EBook.nl (in Dutch): http://www.ebook.nl/store/2666-p-210325.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=eiguit&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+ebooknl+%28eBook.nl+feed%29